Coleen and Wayne Rooney miss final day of Rebekah Vardy trial as family head on holiday
Posted by  badge Boss on May 19
Coleen Rooney and husband Wayne won’t be seen at the High Court today (Picture: Reuters)

Coleen and Wayne Rooney and won’t be seen due to ‘long standing travel arrangements’.

Both Coleen and Derby County manager Wayne have attended the first six days of the trial, with the WAGs lawyers’ set to deliver closing arguments to the today, before Mrs Justice Steyn will publish a written judgement in the coming weeks.

However, it’s been claimed the Rooneys have headed on their summer holidays today with their four young boys, Kai, Cass, Klay and Kit, after the case was originally scheduled to conclude on Wednesday.

The trial – which has sensationally been dubbed ‘Wagatha Christie’ – went into extra time this week to allow barristers to prepare their final arguments at the Royal Courts of Justice in .

Rebekah, who is married to Leicester footballer Jamie Vardy, is suing Coleen for libel after Coleen accused her of leaking ‘false stories’ about her private life in October 2019 following a months-long ‘sting operation’ which saw Coleen dubbed ‘Wagatha Christie’.

The claims have been vehemently denied by Rebekah.

Rebekah flashed a grin as she headed into the High Court today (Picture: Backgrid)

But with all eyes on the final showdown between the two WAGs, it’s been reported the Rooneys are believed to have booked to go abroad believing the trial would all be over by now.

The barrister David Sherborne told the High Court they would not be present today due to a ‘long-standing travel arrangement’.

A source told ‘It’s been a long and gruelling process for both Wayne and Coleen and they didn’t want to disappoint their children.’

According to the outlet, the family were given permission from judge Mrs Justice Steyn to be absent.

The anticipated legal battle between footballers’ wives, which has played out over six days at the High Court in London, will draw to a close as lawyers for each of the women set out each of their cases.

The trial comes after Coleen publicly claimed that an account behind three fake stories in The Sun that she had posted on her personal Instagram account was Rebekah’s.

In a now-famous post on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook, she wrote: ‘I have saved and screenshotted all the original stories which clearly show just one person has viewed them.

‘It’s ………. Rebekah Vardy’s account.’

During the trial, the court has heard evidence from both Rebekah and Coleen as well as Wayne Rooney, Coleen’s former PR Rachel Monk and Former Football Association family liaison officer Harpreet Robertson.

Last week screenshots from Coleen’s private Instagram were revealed in court documents and saw fake stories Coleen had planted on her private account featuring her allegedly travelling to Mexico for a ‘gender selection’ procedure, as well as planning to return to TV, and the basement flooding at the Coleen family home.

Metro.co.uk contacted Coleen’s reps for comment.