While was overjoyed to reunite with his loved ones he also left camp to some sad news.
The star has now paid tribute to a friend, who died while he was cut off from his and contact with family during I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! 2023.
Fred – who was the after and then – has said he feels ‘so sad’ to learn of
Norman – a BBC star and award-winning restaurateur – died on November 23 in hospital, with his wife and three children by his side.
The 57-year-old cook was best known for starting the Polpl chain of restaurants, as well as spin-offs Spuntino and Polpetto.
In his sweet tribute, Fred, 51, wrote on X, formerly Twitter: ‘I have just found out about the sudden passing of Russell Norman. This is so sad.
‘Such a lovely man and a restaurant genius like no other.
‘He made it look easy and so cool to open and run a restaurant.’
Fred signed off: ‘My thoughts go to his family. RIP Russell x’
When Norman’s death was announced, a statement was issued by Richard Beatty.
It read: ‘It is with the greatest sadness I announce the loss of my best friend Russell Norman.
‘After a short battle in hospital, he died surrounded by family and friends.
‘Russell is survived by his wife and three children, and I ask that you respect the privacy of his family, friends, and colleagues at this time.’
Norman died just shortly after releasing his fourth cookbook.
He rose to prominence in 2012 when he won an award for his first book and went on to become influential in the London restaurant scene, having invented the concept of small plates and re-popularising Negroni.
The likes of restaurant critic Jay Rayner also paid tribute when he died, describing him as ‘one of the most gifted of restaurateurs’.
This year’s I’m A Celeb cast have all nowfollowing three weeks Down Under with only each other and a load of insects for company.
During his time in camp, Fred made quite the impression, and not always for the right reasons.
It started when he clashed with Nigel Farage specifically Brexit, which had viewers championing him for the win.
However, Fred later butted heads with over a misunderstanding about a joke he made about being due to Nella’s parents both being dead.
Their row exploded, with Nella even warning Fred to maintain distance and refusing to eat his food.
Thankfully, the two made up and the atmosphere in camp became light again, but that
This Morning’s as he frequently offered her advice when she took over as camp chef – which she didn’t want.
Following his exit from the jungle, Fred has even found himself
Fred previously made it very clear that he wanted to take on a Bushtucker Trial – which he did successfully alongside JLS star Marvin Humes.
Reaching the decision of who would partake was anything but democratic, though, as the TV foodie had some strong words for which didn’t sit right with viewers.
Making his opinion very clear and insisting he should go, Fred told Sam: ‘Don’t worry I’m going. You go play with your toys and we will go and do the men stuff.’
Some of the other celebrities disagreed with how the decision was made, with the likes of EastEnders actress Danielle Harold calling it ‘unfair’ and eventual runner-up Tony Bellow urging people to ‘chill out’.
Broadcasting watchdog Ofcom confirmed to Metro.co.uk that they received 60 complaints about the December 5 episode.