Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas have been forced to leave their stunning California mansion after it became ‘unlivable’, it has been claimed.
The Bollywood actress, 41, and Jonas Brothers singer, 31 – – purchased the $20million property the following year, but were soon faced with issues which sparked a huge legal battle.
The home boasts seven bedrooms and nine bathrooms, as well as an indoor basketball court, separate bowling alley, and a full gym.
If that wasn’t enough, there is also a home theater, a billiards room, a temperature-controlled wine section and an entertainment lounge, meaning they can while watching their own shows, films and performances over a glass of perfectly-chilled wine.
However, their lives were thrown into chaos after their pool and spa sparked ‘porous waterproofing’ in April, 2020, which led to ‘mold contamination’ and other issues.
A lawsuit was filed in May, 2023, and obtained by , alleging: ‘At or about the same time, a water leak appeared at the barbecue area on the deck.
‘This leak damaged a portion of the interior living area immediately below the deck.’
This made their property ‘virtually unlivable’ and ‘dangerous from a health perspective to occupy’, according to the paperwork.
Priyanka and Nick are said to be seeking ‘consequential damages’ via a trustee, asking to be ‘reimbursed for all costs of repair, plus compensation’.
Although the exact costs have not been determined, this has been estimated to be around $2.5million.
The couple have moved their daughter into another property while the repair work on their own home continues, but it is currently not clear when they will be able to move in.
An insider close to Priyanka and Nick told Metro.co.uk: ‘They had invested significantly in the home and were disappointed with the building errors.
‘The house is currently under repair and they expect it to be in perfect condition shortly. There is no one currently living at the house.’
Nick and Priyanka welcomed their first child together via a surrogate in January, 2022, and recently marked the little one’s second birthday on social media.
The parents had a tough few months after baby Malti spent more than three months in hospital following her arrival.
Discussing their ordeal, the Quantico star revealed that her daughter was ‘smaller than her hand’ when she was born.
‘I saw what the intensive-care nurses do. They do God’s work,’ she told British Vogue last year. ‘Nick and I were both standing there as they intubated her. I don’t know how they even found what they needed [in her tiny body] to intubate her.
‘We spent every single day with her on my chest, on my husband’s chest,’ she added tenderly in an interview for British Vogue’s February 2023 issue.
‘I didn’t know if she would make it or not.’
Taking to Instagram to commemorate her birthday on January 17, the proud mom simply penned: ‘She is our miracle. And she is 2.’
Metro.co.uk has contacted reps for Priyanka and Nick for a comment.