Kevin Spacey ‘drops out of Genghis Khan movie’ amid UK sexual assault court case
Posted by  badge Boss on Jul 15
Kevin Spacey has reportedly been dropped from an upcoming project over his UK sexual assaultcourt case (Picture: REUTERS)

Kevin Spacey has reportedly dropped out of an upcoming film about Genghis Khan amid his .

The actor, who had been due to play the lead in the historical drama, has been and one count of ‘causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent.’

Spacey has denied the allegations and .

The Usual Suspects actor, 62, had been cast as the lead actor in 1242: Gateway To The West, which tells the story of a holy man in a Hungarian castle that fights to stop Genghis Khan’s armies from invading Europe.

Now a producer on the film has said Spacey is to be replaced, with another actor taking the role of the holy man.

Producer Bill Chamberlain told that Spacey is no longer involved in the project, and negotiations are underway with a new lead who will be revealed later.

The actor appeared in court in London on Thursday where he pleaded not guilty to the five alleged offences (Picture: PA)

The news comes as Spacey appeared in court in London on Thursday where he pleaded not guilty to the five historical sexual assault charges, dating back 17 years

He had previously strenuously denied the allegations made against him by three men, who are now in their 30s and 40s.

Spacey, who is on unconditional bail, attended the court in person to enter his not guilty plea.

Spacey has strenuously denied the allegations, some of which date back 17 years (Picture: AFP via Getty Images)

He was told by Mr Justice Wall his trial will start on June 6, 2023, and is expected to last between three and four weeks.

The alleged offences claimed to have occurred in London and Gloucestershire between 2005 and 2013, during Spacey’s time as artistic director of the Old Vic theatre in London.

At an initial court hearing last month, Spacey’s lawyer Patrick Gibbs QC said the actor ‘strenuously denies any and all criminality in this case.’

He insisted he had returned to the UK ‘to establish his innocence’ and ‘proceed with his life’.

He is charged with two counts of sexual assault on a man, now in his 40s, in March 2005 in London; sexual assault on a man, now in his 30s, and causing him to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent in August 2008 in London; and sexual assault on a man, now in his 30s, in April 2013 in Gloucestershire.

Metro.co.uk has contacted reps for Kevin Spacey for comment.