Travis Scott performs for first time since Astroworld tragedy at pre-Oscars party attended by Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire
Posted by  badge Boss on Mar 28
Travis hit the decks and rapped at the Bel-Air mansion hosting the party (Picture: Angela Weiss/AFP via Getty Images)

has performed for the first time since the Astroworld tragedy at a pre-Oscars party.

The rapper attended Darren Dzienciol and Richie Akiva annual pre-Academy Awards bash on Saturday night and rubbed shoulders with the likes of , Tobey Maguire, Tyga and Venus and Serena Williams, according to .

His brief set took place in a private Bel-Air mansion and was reportedly a combination of hitting the decks and rapping, including his hit song Sicko Mode.

Travis was dressed in a black leather jacket, graphic T-shirt, cunky pendant necklace and black flat brim baseball cap emblazoned with ‘IRAK’.

The performer, who recently with from Wolf, hasn’t been seen on a stage since his Astroworld concert on November 5 in Texas sparked a deadly crowd surge that Ki**ed 10 fans and injured many more.

After , Travis refunded all festival attendees, offered to cover funeral costs and from the Coachella 2022 line-up.

The pre-Oscars bash saw was the rapper’s first known time in front of a crowd since Astroworld in November (Picture: Erika Goldring/WireImage)
Stars including Leonardo DiCaprio were said to be in attendance (Picture: Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic)

He, event organisers and special guest Drake are currently facing multiple lawsuits from attendees, from 125 victims.

In December, the rapper appeared in a sit-down video and insisted that and nor was he told to immediately halt the show by anyone behind the scenes.

Travis has recently announced called Project HEAL.

The 30-year-old described it as a long-term series of philanthropy and investment efforts towards ‘actionable change’.

He explained: ‘Over the past few months I’ve been taking the time and space to grieve, reflect and do my part to heal my community.

Travis has been hit with lawsuits since the tragedy and recently launched an event safety initiative (Picture: Erika Goldring/WireImage,)
He recently welcomed a new son with partner Kylie Jenner (Picture: Steve Granitz/WireImage)

‘Most importantly, I want to use my resources and platform moving forward towards actionable change. This will be a lifelong journey for me and my family.

‘While it’s easy for corporations and institutions to stay in the shadows, I feel as a leader in my community, I need to step up in times of need.

‘My team and I created Project HEAL to take much needed action towards supporting real solutions that make all events the safest spaces they can possibly be.’

Numerous people lost their lives after the stampede, including , who had been placed into an induced coma, and university student Bharti Shahani, 22, on a ventilator in hospital.