WWE boss Vince McMahon ‘agreed $12 million settlement with four women over sexual misconduct and infidelity allegations’
Posted by  badge Boss on Jul 08
Vince McMahon stepped back from his roles as chairman and CEO last month (Picture: WWE)

boss has reportedly agreed to pay over $12million (£9.98m) over the past 16 years to keep quiet allegations of sexual misconduct and infidelity involving four women.

The 76-year-old executive was recently stepped back from his roles as company chairman and CEO amid .

The investigation followed an initial report from the Wall Street Journal claiming McMahon made a $3million (£2.47million) settlement with a former employee with whom he allegedly had an affair.

Now, the publication is reporting that he paid four women – all said to be formerly affiliated with WWE – who signed agreements stopping them from discussing their relationships with or potential legal claims against McMahon.

The newly reportedly settlements include a $7.5 million agreement with a former wrestler who has alleged that he ‘coerced her into giving him oral sex’ and demoted her before, after she resisted further encounters, declining to renew her contracted in 2005.

It’s claimed she and her attorney approached McMahon four years ago to negotiate the payment.

Meanwhile, a contractor is said to have allegedly presented WWE with unsolicited nude photographs of McMahon she claimed she received from him, while also alleging that he sexually harassed her on the job.

The board is investigating claims against McMahon (Picture: Ethan Miller/Getty Images)

It’s claimed he agreed to pay her around $1 million in 2008.

And in 2006, it’s claimed a former manager who worked for 10 years at the company was paid $1 million after he allegedly initiated a sexual relationship with her.

The WWE board of directors is investigating claims McMahon reached a $3million deal with a former WWE paralegal with whom he allegedly had an affair.

It’s said they are also investigating the 2018 deal.

In a press release, the board of directors said until the conclusion of the investigation’.

Stephanie McMahon is currently interim chair and CEO (Picture: WWE)

He said last month: ‘I have pledged my complete cooperation to the investigation by the Special Committee, and I will do everything possible to support the investigation.  I have also pledged to accept the findings and outcome of the investigation, whatever they are.’

He has retained ‘his role and responsibilities related to WWE’s creative content during this period’, while his daughter Stephanie was named interim CEO and interim Chairwoman.

The board said the allegations are being taken ‘very seriously’, while there will be a ‘comprehensive review’ of the company.

They said: ‘WWE and its Board of Directors take all allegations of misconduct very seriously. The Independent Directors of the Board engaged independent legal counsel to assist them with an independent review.

‘In addition, the Special Committee and WWE will work with an independent third-party to conduct a comprehensive review of the company’s compliance program, HR function and overall culture.

‘The Company and the Board do not expect to have further comment until the investigation is concluded.’

Metro.co.uk has contacted WWE for comment.