Erik ten Hag has told he will get plenty of game time this season after rejecting January offers for the captain.
Maguire was dropped from the United starting XI back in August following their humiliating 4-0 defeat at Brentford.
While ten Hag has rotated his backline since the turn of the year, and have been his firm first-choice pairing with the club captain starting just two league games since.
In a damning indictment of Maguire’s first-team prospects, the United boss has also turned to Luke Shaw to fill in at centre-half, with the left-back moved inside for the Manchester derby victory in January.
It has effectively left Maguire as fourth choice in the United squad with Victor Lindelof also in the picture competing for games.
Recent reports claim he is one of with clubs registering their interest in the January window.
last month with until the end of the season.
According to , ten Hag told Maguire this week he remains firmly in his plans and that he will have his chances to impress with United still fighting on four fronts this season.
The United boss has been impressed with Maguire’s attitude in training and his reaction to losing his place in the side, reassuring him he will be given opportunities.
United have booked their place in the Carabao Cup final against Newcastle United on 26 February and will take on West Ham United in the FA Cup fifth round against West Ham United.
They also take on Barcelona in their two-legged Europa League play-off before that with the club hoping to keep their place in the Premier League top four.
Victory over Crystal Palace on Saturday saw United move clear in third place ahead of Newcastle, now eight points behind leaders Arsenal following their defeat at Everton.
Ten Hag’s side face back-to-back league fixtures against Leeds next week before they head to the Camp Nou on Thursday 16 February.
, ., and .