Ant and Dec have addressed ’s premature I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! exit, describing it as ‘very sad’.
The star wason medical grounds just 24 hours into her jungle experience.
Kicking off Monday night’s programme, presenter Dec Donnelly explained that Olivia will appear in this evening’s episode due to scenes being filmed before her shock departure.
‘You may have seen that unfortunately, Olivia Attwood has left the jungle for medical reasons and sadly won’t be returning,’ he said.
Co-host Ant McPartlin added: ‘We’re very sad to see her go but we wish her well.’
It was revealed earlier in the day that Olivia had bowed out of the programme, with reports claiming.
A spokesman for the broadcaster said: ‘As a precautionary measure Olivia needed to leave the jungle to undergo some medical checks.
‘Unfortunately, the medical team has advised it is not safe for Olivia to return to camp as there needs to be a further investigation.
‘She has been absolutely brilliant and she’ll be very much missed on the show.’
After news of Olivia’s exit broke, a statement posted on her social media vowed that in the lead-up to her departure.
The message read: ‘To say Olivia is heartbroken would be an understatement, she dreamed of doing I’m A Celeb for years and was absolutely loving every second of the show and throwing herself into jungle life feet first (just as we knew she would).
‘However, for reasons beyond her control her journey has been cut short.’
The statement continued: ‘Your support and kind words have meant the absolute world to her, now as much as it has always.
‘You will hear the truth from Olivia in due course and she will be back on your screens in the New Year.’
The post ended: ‘PS. Whos going to roast Matt Hancock now?’
Olivia, who was made a jungle VIP by viewers, took part in the first Bushtucker trial of the series along with Boy George, Chris Moyles, and Scarlette Douglas.
I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! continues on Tuesday night at 9pm on ITV.