Chris Rock’s brother challenges Will Smith to boxing fight over Oscars slap: ‘I’ll let the hands do the talking’
Posted by  badge Boss on Apr 13
Will Smith famously slapped Chris Rock on stage last month (Picture: Getty / Reuters)

’s brother has challenged to a boxing match after his shocking Oscars slap.

The King Richard actor last month, following a joke he made about ’s hair.

While the Everybody Hates Chris star , his brother Kenny has volunteered to get in the ring over the incident.

Kenny, who has just penned a deal with Celebrity Boxing for a fight later this year, spoke of his latest project, and who he could be facing for the battle.

Explaining that he doesn’t have an opponent just yet, he welcomed ‘any and everybody, anybody willing to step up and take on the challenge’.

When asked whether Chris and Will should face off, he told :  ’No they shouldn’t but I should get in the ring with Will Smith.’

The Oscars slap left Hollywood reeling (Picture: AFP)

‘Yes, no ifs and buts about it,’ he said on the suggestion that he could take the Oscar-winner ‘down’.

‘I’ll let the hands do the talking.’

Kenny revealed that his sibling is ‘doing great’ after the ordeal, but wasn’t that impressed by the level of punishment given to Will.

last week, he added: ‘Well we’ll have to see if he’s actually going to get the 10-year ban. 

Chris was shaken by the incident (Picture: AFP)

‘They might say a 10-year ban and after three years they think that we may gave forgot about it and slide him in there, after two years, after three years, after five years.

‘We have to make sure these people do what they say they’re going to do.’

Will is able to keep his best actor Oscar and will be eligible for nominations and awards in the future.

Academy president David Rubin confirmed the ban in a lengthy statement, describing the Fresh Prince star’s actions as ‘unacceptable and harmful’.

Will has been banned from the Oscars (Picture: WireImage)

‘The 94th Oscars were meant to be a celebration of the many individuals in our community who did incredible work this past year; however, those moments were overshadowed by the unacceptable and harmful behavior we saw Mr Smith exhibit on stage,’ he said.

‘During our telecast, we did not adequately address the situation in the room. For this, we are sorry. This was an opportunity for us to set an example for our guests, viewers and our Academy family around the world, and we fell short – unprepared for the unprecedented.

‘Today, the Board of Governors convened a meeting to discuss how best to respond to Will Smith’s actions at the Oscars, in addition to accepting his resignation. The Board has decided, for a period of 10 years from April 8, 2022, Mr Smith shall not be permitted to attend any Academy events or programs, in person or virtually, including but not limited to the Academy Awards.

‘We want to express our deep gratitude to Mr Rock for maintaining his composure under extraordinary circumstances. We also want to thank our hosts, nominees, presenters and winners for their poise and grace during our telecast.

‘This action we are taking today in response to Will Smith’s behavior is a step toward a larger goal of protecting the safety of our performers and guests, and restoring trust in the Academy. We also hope this can begin a time of healing and restoration for all involved and impacted.’

Metro.co.uk has contacted Will’s reps for a comment.