fans have been left concerned after his latest Instagram post.
Thestar, 51, announced earlier this month, after revealing in July that he had been diagnosed with facial cancer.
Martin, who also appears on , underwent surgery in 2018 after the diagnosis, before it returned on ‘several occasions’ for which he has ‘regular treatments’, and recently said he will be taking a break but will ‘be back fighting’ in a few months.
Speaking at this month, he said: ‘For me personally, I’ve been through a lot of s**t with cancer but I’m getting sorted at the end of next month.
‘I will be back fighting at the end of February but I’m going on a little bit of a break to get that sorted. I just wanted to say thank you for all your support and all your messages.’
However, he has since shared an update on Instagram, giving a behind-the-scenes peak at filming, which has left fans wondering about his break.
‘I thought you were supposed to be taking time off to get better James or are you still on a high after your amazing tour. Take care of yourself,’ one wrote.
Another said: ‘I thought you were meant to be taking it easy, James sending love.’
Someone else penned: ‘Aren’t you meant to be taking it easy and sorting your health out Mr Martin?’
‘Get yourself better, we will still be here once you’re fighting fit x,’ a fourth echoed.
The comments came under Martin’s post saying: ‘We’re back! Full day filming @SaturdayJamesMartin and to the local for one.’
The images showed his ingredients out ready in the kitchen, as well as some of the recipes he’d be demonstrating, before it finished in the pub – as promised.
Martin revealed his diagnosis earlier this year, saying: ‘I was then diagnosed with cancer on my face and I had to have surgery, which I couldn’t do until two days before Christmas when we had finished filming.
‘Since then it has returned on several occasions and I have to have regular treatments.’
His comments came amid an apology he issued, after, as reports emerged in July accusing the This Morning guest of exhibiting bullying and intimidating behaviour while filming an ITV programme.
Shortly afterwards, he issued a statement saying he was ‘shocked by what had happened and on reflection acknowledges he responded emotionally, which he wholly regrets.’
He later apologised, telling The Sun: ‘Firstly, I would like to publicly and sincerely apologise to the crew involved in this incident, as I did at the time.
‘I have always strived to keep my private life private. However since details of a conversation, which was secretly recorded in January 2018, are now five years later being made public by a former member of our production team, I have decided to make a statement.’
Martin stated that the year before the incident occurred was ‘one of the most fraught and difficult periods of my life’, after the death of his last living grandparent, his home being burgled and the cancer diagnosis.’
‘After all this stress I was in a very emotional state, and when after filming in early January 2018 I discovered my home had been flooded while filming, I was extremely upset.
‘I can only say I am human and following a build-up of personal life pressure, I admit that I overreacted regarding the damage to my home.’
Saturday Kitchen airs at 9.15am on BBC One.