League of Legends patch 12.17 has brought big changes to the playing field, just a few weeks ahead of the Worlds 2022 championship.
Riot Games has just dropped patch 12.17 for League Of Legends and Riot are going hard on beefy pro-play picks such as Trundle and Sivir.
The patch is also targeting a few powerful items that are hard to counter – and often abused – such as Guardian Angel and Zhonya’s Hourglass, as well as Seeker’s Armguard and Stopwatch.
However, two champions went through some big adjustments: Maokai and Hecarim, as they’d been sidelined for a bit too long.
On one hand, Maokai might finally be able to step out of his support capacity and into a wider role, covering the map’s top and jungle.
Hecarim’s update, on the other hand, focuses more on progressing his Diver class nature, meaning he’ll become even more adapt at taking on whole groups of enemies.
Another champ that has changed in similar fashion is Miss Fortune, as Riot are trying to push her towards her true marksman-style identity. This means there’s now all the more reason to equip items that boost marksman champs, such as Infinity Edge or Mortal Reminder in mid to late game.
As the Worlds 2022 championship gets closer, Riot’s focus seems to be on mid-lane champions with two buffs (Twisted Fate and Kassadin) and three nerfs (Azir, Ahri, and Sylas).
If Azir, Ahri and Sylas are your first picks, you’ll see their durability decrease after the patch, with Riot especially bringing down Azir’s late game scaling.
Twisted Fate and Kassadin are getting a small buff on their Q abilities: Wild Card and Null Sphere, respectively. In the future, Wild Card will deal more damage and Null Sphere will cost less mana and have a lower cooldown.
The Zenith Games skin line is also here if you ever wanted to feel like a star athlete, as it reveals some Olympic Games-style bling.
Blitzcrank, Jayce, and Lee Sin are the first to get revamped, along with an unrelated King Viego skin drop.
If you unlock it, you’ll see Viego, dubbed as the Ruined King, return to his human glory days, before his downfall, corruption and all that.
It’s now officially become more likely for Viego to get a redemption arc than for League Of Legends to get a .
Patch 12.17 also resolved a series of bugs and introduced some quality of life changes.
Quality of life updates:
- Addressed some high variation between the milestones for some Starter Series Eternals (e.g. the ‘Epic Monsters Ki**ed’ milestone 1 would require Amumu to kill 9, Diana to kill 3, and Fiddlesticks to kill 2). Values to reach this and other milestones have been updated to be more uniform across champions.
- Updated tooltips on champions that can swap between melee and ranged forms (e.g. Jayce or Nidalee) so that they now dynamically update values based on whether they are in melee or ranged form.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the cursor to move erratically when using smart pings.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Ancient Grudge Buff (which reduces damage done to subsequent drakes) to not grant damage reduction for every Drake slain if the Drakes were Hextech ones.
- Fixed a bug that caused Draven’s R execute passive to still execute enemies through spellshields.
- Fixed a bug where Rift Herald’s spawn animation would interrupt the knockback from Poppy’s R.
- Fixed a bug that caused Ornn’s item upgrades to be lost if the teammate he was upgrading died during the channel.
- Fixed a bug that caused Sejuani’s E to proc Tear of the Goddess stacks when a melee champion would walk near her.
- Fixed a bug that removed Fizz’s E range indicator to not show after his VFX update.
- Fixed a bug that caused Zeri’s Q animation to leave vision for longer than intended when last hitting minions.
- Fixed a bug that caused Pyke’ R to go on cooldown if the enemy was Ki**ed by another ally.
- Fixed a bug where champions could cast Flash while Charmed if they casted Heal or Ghost.
- Fixed a bug where the Treasure Hunter rune would play Draven’s passive sound effects if there was a Draven present in the game.
- Fixed a bug where executing to the Fountain or minions would progress the “Free Ticket to Base” challenge.
- Fixed a bug where Sion’s Zombie form would count as an additional kill or assist for certain challenges.
- Fixed a bug where Sett’s ultimate would disable opponent’s Hexflash and Flash for the remainder of the game.
- Fixed a bug that would cause Unleashed Teleport’s cooldown to display incorrectly on the scoreboard once it has transformed.
- Fixed a bug where using certain abilities after casting Flash would disable Hexflash and Flash.
- Fixed a bug that gave Elder Dragon the normal Drake roar as opposed to his own, special, Elder roar.
Email [email protected], leave a comment below, and .
Follow Metro Gaming on and email us at [email protected]
To submit Inbox letters and Reader’s Features more easily, without the need to send an email, just use our .
For more stories like this, .