Thomas Tuchel has turned down two Premier League clubs since Chelsea sacking
Posted by  badge Boss on Oct 13
Thomas Tuchel was sacked by Chelsea in September following a poor run of form (Picture: Getty)

remains open to continuing his coaching career in England but has already rejected offers from two Premier League clubs since his departure from .

The winning coach was a hugely popular figure at Stamford Bridge and enjoyed a hugely successful 19-month spell in charge after the departure of .

His reign, however, came to a sudden and acrimonious end last month following the breakdown in his relationship with the club’s new owner Todd Boehly.

Tuchel has spoken only once since his sacking, outlining his devastation at not being given the time to steady the Chelsea ship.

‘This is one of the most difficult statements I have ever had to write – and it is one which I hoped I would not need to do for many years,’ the German wrote on his Twitter account.

‘I am devastated that my time at Chelsea has come to an end. This is a club where I felt at home, both professionally and personally. Thank you so much to all the staff, the players and the supporters for making me feel very welcome from the start.

‘The pride and joy I felt at helping the team to win the Champions League and the Club World Cup will stay with me forever. I am honoured to have been a part of this club’s history and the memories of the last 19 months will always have a special place in my heart.’

Thomas Tuchel would be open to succeeding Gareth Southgate as England manager (Picture: Getty)

Tuchel continues to live near Chelsea’s Cobham training base but is said to be planning on returning to Germany by the end of the year with his personal situation complicated by Brexit legislation.

According to , two unnamed clubs in England have already enquired about the possibility of offering an instant opportunity to return to management.

The 49-year-old is said to have snubbed those advances but would be interested in succeeding Gareth Southgate as England manager after the World Cup, should an opportunity arise.

Southgate signed a new contract just over 12 months ago that is set to take him through until 2024, but his position is nowhere near as secure as it was in the aftermath of last summer’s European Championships.

England will arrive at the World Cup in Qatar next month in dismal form having been relegated from the Nations League and landing a difficult European Championship qualifying group, which includes the likes of Italy, Ukraine and North Macedonia.

Asked about his future at last week’s draw for Euro 2024 qualifying, Southgate said: ‘As we speak now I’m contracted to this time in 2024 but I am also well aware that in football you have to get results.

‘So the plan is there and the desire for continuity is there too but I also don’t take for granted that you don’t underperform and expect to stay in that office.’

.

 and .