Matt Hancock and Seann Walsh ‘won’t enter I’m A Celebrity 2022 jungle early’ after Olivia Attwood exit
Posted by  badge Boss on Nov 08
Matt Hancock is expected to be entering the jungle in due course (Picture: PA/ITV)

Following ’s shock exit from I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! 2022, and won’t be entering the jungle early, despite contrary reports.

Yesterday, it emerged that the star had been on medical grounds, despite apparently ‘begging’ producers to let her continue.

A shared on her Instagram Story said: ‘To say Olivia is heartbroken would be an understatement, she dreamed of doing I’m A Celeb for years and was absolutely loving every second of the show and throwing herself into jungle life feet first (just as we knew she would).’

When the line-up for this year’s I’m A Celebrity in Australia was released, it was reported that former health secretary Hancock and comedian Walsh would be joining the camp as latecomers, with it being predicted that they would likely make their arrivals on Wednesday November 9.

While it was claimed that after Attwood’s premature departure, there was a possibility of them going in earlier than expected, a show source has since refuted this claim to Metro.co.uk.

‘The timeline for our late entries on screen appearance has not changed or moved forward,’ the source stated.

Comedian Seann Walsh previously starred on Strictly Come Dancing (Picture: Ken McKay/ITV/Rex/Shutterstock)
Fans thought Olivia Attwood was a frontrunner to win (Picture: ITV/Shutterstock/Rex Features)

previously reported that the pair could be made to don their jungle gear and head into camp at an earlier date than initially planned as a result of Attwood’s exit.

In the rest of the statement released on Attwood’s social media page following her exit, it explained that her journey on I’m A Celebrity had been ‘cut short’ due to ‘reasons beyond her control’.

‘Your support and kind words have meant the absolute world to her, now as much as it has always,’ it continued.

‘You will hear the truth from Olivia in due course and she will be back on your screens in the New Year.’

The post ended by adding: ‘PS. Whos going to roast Matt Hancock now?’

The Love Island star was among the group who took on the first Bushtucker Trial (Picture: ITV)

It’s been claimed that the 31-year-old reality star will because it wasn’t her decision to quit.

‘Olivia wanted to continue and because it was the medical team’s decision she has done nothing wrong and so should be in line to get paid,’ a TV source told The Mirror.

, an ITV spokesperson said: ‘As a precautionary measure Olivia needed to leave the jungle to undergo some medical checks.

‘Unfortunately, the medical team has advised it is not safe for Olivia to return to camp as there needs to be a further investigation.

‘She has been absolutely brilliant and she’ll be very much missed on the show.’

I’m A Celebrity returns tonight at 9pm on ITV.